SAFETY AND SECURITY
Safety and security are vital to providing quality in tourism. More than any other economic activity, the success or failure of a tourism destination depends on being able to provide a safe and secure environment for visitors.
"Basic safety hints:
• Avoid walking alone in remote areas.
• Try not to carry a handbag. Rather carry a purse or bag close to your body.
• Avoid carrying big amounts of money.
• Do not advertise that you are a tourist.
• Be aware of your surroundings and those around you. If you feel threatened or uncomfortable, seek help."